★ 2017-2018 FUJET COUNCIL ELECTIONS ★
NOMINATION DEADLINE: APRIL 16
It’s time for everyone to start thinking about who you want running the FuJET show for the coming year! If someone you know would be great for the job (yourself included!), now’s the chance to get involved!
Candidates wishing to run for the executive positions of president/vice-president (or co-presidents!) are encouraged to find a running mate and campaign together as a team.
- You may nominate yourself, or nominate a friend (with their permission!) by sending an submission with the name of the nominee and the desired position via the form below.
- You must be a current member of the JET Programme who is re-contracting for the 2017-2018 year to run for the president position.
- You may only run for one council position. If a candidate is nominated for two positions, they must choose which position they wish to run for, and may not change their minds once the full list of candidates is announced.
Available council positions are as follows:
- PRESIDENT: Working with the FuJET Council, the President oversees the distribution of information to Fukushima ALTs and CIRs, organises trips and social events throughout the year in order to foster friendships and connections within the local community, and welcomes new JETs at both the Tokyo Orientation and Fukushima Orientation.
- VICE-PRESIDENT/(SECRETARY): Works with the president in the smooth running of FuJET, and assists with all associated duties. (Depending on conditions/needs, there is sometimes a secretary position instead of/in addition to the vice-president to help ease the load of the FuJET team)
- TREASURER: The FuJET Treasurer works with the FuJET Council to administer and supervise the FuJET budget, including all financial transactions. Payments made to FuJET for trips and social events are handled by the Treasurer through the FuJET bank account. The Treasurer also has a supervisory role in FuJET on matter pertaining to the function and productivity of the current council.
- WEBMASTER/MISTRESS: The Webmaster designs, manages and updates all of the FuJET-related websites. Other duties include IT support for the FuJET Council, database backups and finding web, hardware and software solutions for FuJET. The webmaster will need skills in HTML, CSS, SQL, and wiki markup.
- NEWS EDITOR: The News Editor manages the FuJET social media accounts in addition to sharing local events via the monthly article series, the Lucky Island. In addition, the News Editor also writes and edits articles for the the FuJET sites.
- VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR: The Volunteer Coordinator communicates with volunteer organisations and coordinates fundraising and volunteer activities in and around Fukushima prefecture. To encourage grassroots internationalisation opportunities for Fukushima ALTs and CIRs and their Japanese communities, the Volunteer Coordinator is the main source of information for local volunteering opportunities.
As always, we welcome any questions you may have. Just direct your emails to the FuJET team at <email@example.com> or PM me, and I’ll do our best to fill you in on anything you want to know! Remember, FuJET council can be a huge commitment of time and money (and sometimes sanity) but it’s part of the reason the Fuku-Family is so great. ^^-kris
*Nominations are now closed!*